Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Often board

As the title states, I often board, but I am rarely bored. There is always something new to try with Linux, and I am always finding new hobbies that last a week or two, mostly from things on Instructables. My favorite pastime, however, is most definitely boarding. When I say "boarding" I mean many different sports involving boards, like snowboarding, wakeboarding, body boarding, and skim boarding. My favorite out of these is snowboarding.

About five years ago, my uncle took me snowboarding. I didn't do very well and it was tiring at first, but it was fun. After a few years I decided I wanted to get a snowboard and go back again. My other uncle has a vacation home right on a mountain, so we went there to snowboard. I have been doing it now for four years, and everytime I go, I get slightly better. Once I went for a whole week, and by the end I had learned how to do a 360. One of the coolest things about it, though, is that snowboarding helps improve all the other types of boarding that I do (except body boarding). After a good year of snowboarding, I was able to do much better on the wakeboard.

As I mentioned before, I rarely have nothing I want to do. At one point a few years ago I got big into Povray, which is basically a mix between 3D design and programming. The video I posted here is my greatest achievement with Povray. I mostly did single images, but this was my first attempt at making a video with it. Everything is created by me, which is pretty cool, I think.

No comments: